This is one of my family's favorite week night dinners during the week and I'm so excited to share it with you today! All three of my children (yes, even the baby) love this chili. And it is so delicious and warming on those cold winter nights.
Two Bean Turkey Chili
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
1 lb lean ground turkey
1 small onion diced (or half of a large onion)
1 can Kidney Beans 15.5 oz
1 can Black Beans 15.5 oz
1 can Tomato Sauce 15 oz
1 can Diced Tomatoes 14.5 oz (plain, NOT seasoned)
1 packet Chili Seasoning
1 cup Chicken Stock (or broth)
- Brown the ground turkey over medium in a large pot.
- Add diced onions, cook until translucent.
- Throw in the beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chili seasoning, and chicken stock. Stir well, reduce heat to simmer for 30 minutes.
Add a sprinkle of cheddar cheese before serving and you're done!
While the chili is simmering I put together a quick salad and pop some cornbread muffins in the oven.
**This chili can also be prepared in the slow cooker, for those extra busy days.
Instructions as follows:
- Brown the ground turkey over medium in a skillet and add to the slow cooker.
- Dump all remaining ingredients in, mix well.
- Cook on High for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours. (Cooking times may vary in your slow cooker. I recommend trying it out on a weekend so you don't come home from work to burnt chili.)